YesPlay is one of the top bookmakers for South Africans with a license from the Western Cape Gambling and Racing Board. Thanks to the swift features, the YesPlay registration is fast and straightforward, ensuring the door is open to all new customers.
How to Register at YesPlay South Africa?
The YesPlay sign up process is seamless, especially with a reliable internet connection. The operator ensures players can quickly create an account as a modern gaming site.
Furthermore, the requirements are simple, which is a registered South African mobile number. The betting platform also allows alternative methods to open an account.
Here’s how the YesPlay registration procedure works.
- Visit the YesPlay website and click on the ‘Sign in/Sign up’ button at the top right of the homepage.
- On the following interface, two options will appear. You can either sign up with a phone number or via any social media account. This page shows a column to enter the mobile digits.
- Once you have typed your phone number, click on the ‘enter’ icon. You will receive a unique code on the number. Enter this code to continue your registration.
- Next, the site will require you to choose a password. Select unique details that you can remember and enter them. Once done, click the “Enter” icon.
- Enter your South African ID number and click ‘Enter’ to continue.
- Confirm your chosen password by entering it again.
- Once done, confirm your information is correct, and you’ll be automatically redirected to the deposit page.
Alternatively, you can create an account on YesPlay by linking any of your social accounts with the YesPlay database. Available options include Google, Facebook, and Apple.
However, for any of these methods, ensure that you’re registering from a device where any of these accounts are live. If not, you will need to enter your registered login details with the social accounts to complete the process.
- First, visit the YesPlay website and click the ‘Sign in/Sign up’ button at the top right of the homepage.
- Instead of entering your phone number, click on any of the other sign up methods.
- An automatic redirection page will take you to an authentication page so you can confirm the signup process.
- Once the process is complete, the main YesPlay page will load, meaning your betting account is now active and ready to go.
To make the registration more swift, new customers can quickly get registration forms by speaking to the customer support group at email@example.com or dialing 021 200 5992.
YesPlay Welcome Offer
The YesPlay welcome bonus allows new customers to get a matched deposit offer, allowing bettors to wager on sports events, lucky numbers with the competitive odds, etc.
How to Login to YesPlay?
Signing into your YesPlay account is also straightforward. Like the sign up procedure, the entire operation takes place within seconds. Here’s a step by step outline of how to get into account in good time.
- Visit the YesPlay website and load the Sign-In page by clicking on the ‘sign up/sign in’ page.
- Type in the mobile number you created a YesPlay account with and click on the ‘Enter’ button below the entry column. You will gain entry into your account.
If you want to sign in via your social media network accounts, it’s also simple.
- On the ‘Sign in/Register’ page, click on which accounts you wish to connect to. It could be Google, Facebook, or Apple.
- A new interface will load, which is the confirmation page. Confirm your login request, and the page will redirect you to the YesPlay homepage.
YesPlay Registration Review
We can’t conclude our YesPlay review of the signup process without comparing it with other modern sports betting sites available to South African players. Whether on the app or PC browser, the entire process is fast. The only requirements are your South African mobile number, South African ID, internet connection, mobile phone, tablet, or PC.
Due to its tight security processes, only South Africans can create an account. Players with a residential address, bank account, or contact details outside this jurisdiction will lose access to their accounts. Besides, due to regulations from the Exchange Control, withdrawals to non-South African bank addresses do not get approval.
Its simple form makes it stand out when we compare the YesPlay Sign Up process to other online sportsbooks. This reduces the time it will take to create an account if there is a fast internet connection.
However, some issues caught our attention. For instance, while the YesPlay registration process is fast, verification may slow down the time it takes to access the betting markets. To verify an account, the sportsbook requires the following documents:
- Duly completed Sign up form.
- A copy of the South African ID and/or passport.
- Residential address document or any ID that shows the address. The validity must not be less than 3 months.
- Bank statement.
Players can easily bypass the long waiting time by ensuring this documentation is readily available before registration.
Another issue with the signup procedure is how YesPlay deletes inactive accounts within six months. In addition, the operator will charge a fee as administration charges before letting the account become active again.
YesPlay Registration FAQ
Now that you know what it takes to register an account on YesPlay, you can proceed to sign up. Here are some of the frequently asked questions about the registration process.
Yes, YesPlay is safe to register on. The betting platform has a license from the Western Cape Gambling and Racing Board with ID 10180204-009, ensuring that they operate within standard conditions. They also require less information at signup, ensuring a high level of privacy.
To complete the FICA registration, players must provide certain documents like a passport, proof of address, and a letter from the bank. They can scan or photograph the documents on the phone and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes, South African players can get a YesPlay account via the YesPlay app available on the homepage.
Verification of the YesPlay account will require certain documents. They include an SA passport or ID, document verifying a residential address, and a bank account statement. You can send all these documents to customer support for verification.